Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the ram in silk and lace


I was listening to Anthony Valadez’s May 17th show on demand on KCRW’s website on Sunday and toward the end of the first set I had to interrupt my listening to find the track list and figure out what the 5th song was - that’s right, I didn’t even get through the first set before Anthony had me saying, “Who is this?!” out loud in the coffee shop. He does that.

Later that same day I was listening to Jeremy Sole’s May 19th show and again in the first set, four songs in, I had to pause to find out what the song was. What I found was the same name from Anthony’s show...

Miles Bonny.

To be honest, I’ve been looking up things about this dude all over the interwebs trying to figure out what to say about him (put his name in a vimeo search and see the crazy amount of hilarious stuff that comes back at you). When I felt overwhelmed doing that I went to Eric J. Lawrence (my go-to for digestible information for the curious music lover) who couldn’t help - he didn’t know who I was talking about!! Not to worry, I set this straight and sent him over the songs below. ;)

What I can glean from the plethora of information out there by Miles, about Miles, related to Miles is that he is a DJ/Producer/Musician/Singer living in Kansas City who has been around for a while. He’s collaborated with so many artists to create a soulful sound that is utterly delicious - I mean it, it’s sensual in that way that’s so thick you could take a bite out. It’s like wrapping yourself in yards and yards of silk and lace. Yeah that’s right, I went there - it’s sexy music, friends.

Jeremy threw down this song in his great set this morning on Morning Becomes Eclectic.
Miles Bonny - Nothing But You by MPMCGN

(P.S. If you missed it you should take a listen for sure - lots of gems in there including a little Hall & Oates cover for a Wednesday morning. Listen here.)

His Lumberjack Soul LP comes out June 24th. Until then here's some more Miles Bonny love!

No comments:

Post a Comment