Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the ram loves a little dragon


Picture Credit: Jeremiah Garcia
Taken from KCRW's Music Blog

There’s no denying that Little Dragon has been a KCRW favorite for some time. Why? Because they’re bad asses. That’s really all I can say...

I came around to Little Dragon working on Garth Trinidad’s show. Garth has impeccable taste in emotional music that moves you from the inside out. I heard a lot of Little Dragon songs on other shows but for whatever reason the specific songs Garth chose spoke to me right at the root of where my emotions meet the muscles that move my hips.

“Nightlight,” a song from their forthcoming album Ritual Union has been seeing a lot of airplay these days/nights on 89.9 here in LA.

Little Dragon - Nightlight by VeeAre

Something about Yukimi Nagano’s “all out there” singing style on top of unique percussion and seemingly descant melody - sounding almost like it were working independent from the other players involved - just...works! The whole group seems to throw their work out their in a “What? You got a problem getting down with what we’re giving out?” way. It’s not a cocky move... okay, maybe it is a bit cocky, but I’m actually okay with it because they have the cojones to back it up. I figure, if they keep making music that sounds like this, I don’t have a problem if they know they’re good and get to have a little fun with that knowledge.

So, when you take a talent like Yukimi Nagano and ask her to be produced by SBTRKT and sing on top of a heavy beat the result is nothing short of epicly good.

Check it out friends, you can download it for free here. Have a listen...

SBTRKT - Wildfire by Voler

If that doesn’t make your body talk I might have to take your pulse...
Stay tuned... More Little Dragon love to come very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment