Tuesday, June 14, 2011

diego garcia v. the dos equis man



I’m the first to say I get weak in the knees for musicians. I know it’s cliche - I’m definitely not the first girl to think a guy with a guitar crooning into a microphone is hot.

That being said, I’m not sure why it would be funny to see girls falling all over themselves over a singer but what can I say? It’s awesome. And it was definitely happening this past Saturday for Diego Garcia’s free performance at One Colorado in Pasadena.

I’ve heard Deigo’s songs from his new album “Laura” on the station for some time now. He’s one of those artists that makes songs that are so pleasant they kind of float in and out of the consciousness of his listeners - like a gentle breeze against your cheek. Seeing Diego perform is a slightly different feeling for it puts all of his music into a more attention-grabbing context.

Yes he’s dreamy - that’s undeniably part of it. Yes he’s charismatic. Watching him perform for a packed in crowd at One Colorado I felt like I was watching every audience member fall in love with him one by one. I can’t really explain how. It wasn’t in something he said. It wasn’t because he sang his songs differently. It wasn’t because he danced around or was so in your face that you had to take notice - not even close.

Beyond being a beautiful, charismatic performer, Diego just has that...“je ne sais pas.” The only way I can begin to describe the feeling is: Watching Diego perform is like having a new lover whisper “I love you,” into your ear for the first time. It’s the same fluttery-heart, stomach doing backflips, grin-so-hard-it-hurts experience.

I think Diego knows this - in a good way, not an egotistical “I’m so beautiful it hurts sometimes” way. He signed CDs after the Pasadena show and took time with each eager, swooning fan - momentarily making her feel like she was the center of the universe.

I was certainly not exempt from the feeling of falling in love with Diego. Hook, line, and sinker my friends. I listened to this song on repeat all day Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment