Friday, June 24, 2011

RGB Sampler June 24

From the awesome mind of Parry Gripp - baby monkey riding backwards on a pig


In honor of Becky’s Weekly Personals idea that I turned into a missed connections feature last week, I give you a bad ass book of illustrated missed connections by Sophie Blackall.


I’ve been hearing this Mr Little Jeans cover of The Arcade Fire’s "The Suburbs" a lot lately but I just can’t get enough of it.
Mr Little Jeans The Suburbs by timmytheterror

The Fox is Black introduced me to James Roper this week and I just absolutely LOVE this series of his called Rapture. Check out the little write up to discover what it’s about and cruise to his site to see the other cool stuff he’s up to.


Aaron Byrd introduced me to this song when he played a few tracks from the forthcoming SBTRKT album this past Wednesday. I agree with him - this album is going to be a must buy for me.


One of the things I work on during the week is the Good Food Blog’s Pie-A-Day posts. I can’t share the specifics because the post isn’t up yet, but one of the judges for the third annual upcoming KCRW Pie Contest (the reason for the pie-a-day posts) submitted her post this past week and I prepped it to go up on the site June 30th. In her post she talked about a cookbook curated by Vincent Price and his wife Mary. :O WHAT?! THE Vincent Price? Yes friends. The blog post describes the awesome (albeit somewhat hilarious nowadays) 70s photographs and the captions from Price himself. I want this cook book.


Bon Iver covers Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me” and “Nick of Time.” It’s worth it to travel here.


I was watching a PBS Documentary this past weekand discovered Sally Mann for the first time. She’s not new but discovering her felt earth changing to me. Her pictures are heart breaking, haunting, uplifting, miraculous and they’re all taken with an antique camera. This one is my favorite that I’ve seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment